Dear NATPA members:
HAPPY JULY 4TH to ALL of OUR MEMBERS!
As G. Keillor like to say at the end of Writer's Almanac program of NPR, "Be well, do good work, and keep in touch".
NATPA e-Newsletter July 4th, 2016 (PFD file is attached)
- Join the Petition! The Department of Commerce Bureau of Census US - 2020 Taiwanese are Taiwanese!
- NATPA-SCAL Chapter Welcomes President Tsai, Ing-Wen in LA, CA
The Southern California Chapter of NATPA had the honor of welcoming our President Tsai, Ing-Wen by NATPA-SCAL, president Doris Lu Anderson and many members in LA, CA on June 30th (see attached PDF file for photos) !
- Essays published by NATPA members
Dear NATPA Forum members,
1. The Think-Tank Committee keeps a record of members' publications on Taiwan issues; we have released the information at the end of January and April, and the attached file is for the June release.
2. The variation of the number of essays published:
from Oct. 1, 2015 through Dec. 31, 2015: 63
from Jan. 1, 2016 through Mar. 31, 2016: 50
from Apr. 1, 2016 through Jun. 30, 2016: 31
from Oct. 17, 2015 through Jan. 16, 2016: 75 (the 3 months period preceding the election day, Jan. 16, 2016)
Obviously, our members demonstrated a high productivity during the three months period preceding the January 16, 2016 election day. Unfortunately, the productivity dropped to a level of 41% during the recent three months. Judging from the recent events happened in Taiwan, we still need to be vigilant on Taiwan's future. We all should continue to write to share our inspiration with people in Taiwan.
3. A complimentary dinner ticket for NATPA members who have been recorded for publishing at least two essays and ...
If you have been recorded for having published at least two essays in the past 12 months, as shown in the attachment 2, and will attend 2016 conference in Foster City, CA, you will be given an complimentary dinner ticket, in appreciation for your effort in writing for Taiwan. The fund is donated by our president James Hsu. Thanks to President Hsu.
NATPA Think-Tank Committee
- Board of Directors - Elect
It is my great pleasure to inform you that our members have voted and elected the new Directors. The four Directors - Elect
Chang, Tiencheng 張典正,
Chow, Peter 周鉅原,
Hou, Jeffrey 侯志仁,
Lee, Andre 李延志,
will serve from 2016 to 2018. They received all the yes votes with only one vote abstaining. The online voting result was verified by the IT Committee Chair Luby Liao, and it meets the requirement as specified in Section 4 of NATPA bylaw: “At least ten percent (10%) of the NATPA membership in good standing must be present in person or by proxy to constitute a quorum.”
Congratulations to the Directors – Elect. Customarily, the Board meets quarterly through the video conferencing. The Directors – Elect please attend the 7/10 Board Meeting so to have a physical meeting.
As a friendly reminder to NATPA members, there will be a round table meeting on NATPA affairs Friday (7/8) evening at TACWC/NATPA Annual Meeting, and the Members Meeting Sunday afternoon (7/10). Please join us.
James J Y Hsu
- Please note that Minister of Taiwan’s Economic Affairs (李世光部長) will attend TACWC/NATPA 2016 Annual meeting. Further updated programs are attached.
日期：2016年7月8日（五）5:00 PM ~ 7月10日（日）5:00 PM
地點：Crowne Plaza : 1221 Chess Dr, Foster City, CA 94404
2016 TACWC 籌備委員會敬啟
2016 TACWC 籌備委員會
- 3-Day Post-Conference Tours of 2016 Annual Conference
Dear NATPA members and friends,
Please register the post conference tour if you are interested, the seats are limited. The attachment is "Post Conf Tours 501 NATPA.doc". Pre-registration and deposit are needed for singing up this tour. The crown plaza Sunday special rate is also available with this tour.
NATPA-Northern Cal Chapter President
- The fears that led UK to leave EU by Jerome Keating
- 2016-6-28 極光電子報 (attachment)
※ Other Previous Important Announcements:
- 2016年第2屆「NATPA 廖述宗教授紀念獎」得獎名單公佈 (attachment)
- NATPA Member Lounge and Membership Directory (Please Log in and Update)
- NATPA PayPal Account: Accepting Membership and Donation Online
NATPA has established an online payment method. Members can use PayPal or major credit cards (even if you do not have a PayPal account) for making payment of membership or donation. It is a secure process similar to any online transaction. There will be an invoice available for you to save or print for each transaction.
You can click the “Donate/Pay to NATPA” link to:
1) Donate to Prof. Liao Memorial Fund (NATPA廖述宗教授基金);
2) Pay your Membership dues, or
3) Donate to the general fund in NATPA.
***For any member who prefers to send checks, please mail it to NATPA treasurer, Dr. Ed Huang at PO Box 93, San Ramon, CA 94583.